Pros: long period in which to find congenital or hereditary conditions
Update 4-6-2001 Pertains to anyone who sold, transferred, or given away two or more litters during the preceding calendar year.
See: AB 161
Cons: obligation to cover veterinary expenses above the purchase price of the dog may be considered punitive.
* Applies to: any one who sells more than 50 dogs per year.
* Contagious or Infectious Disease: 15 days
* Congenital or Hereditary Defects: 1 year
* Failure to Produced Advertised Registration Papers: yes, within 120 days, otherwise return dog for full refund or receive refund of 75% of purchase price if you keep the dog.
* Replacement: yes, plus reimbursement for veterinary expenses related to certifying the dogs illness up to the price of the dog including sales tax.
* Refund: yes, plus reimbursement for veterinary expenses related to certifying the dogs illness up to the price of the dog including sales tax.
* Reimbursement of Veterinary Expenses to Treat Dog: yes, up to 150% of the purchase price of the dog plus sales tax.