Pros: applies to all sellers of puppies, including back yard breeders.
Cons: back yard breeders are unaware of their obligations and do not make buyers aware of their rights.
* Applies to: pet dealers (any person, firm, etc., including breeders, that is required to collect state sales tax for the sale of animals to the public).
* Contagious or Infectious Disease: 10 days
* Congenital or Hereditary Defects: 1 year
* Failure to Produced Advertised Registration Papers: within 90 days, otherwise keep the animal and receive a refund 50% of purchase price, or return the animal for a full refund.
* Replacement: yes
* Refund: yes
* Reimbursement of Veterinary Expenses to Treat Dog: yes, up to the purchase price of the animal